Cedar Spring is located 20 minutes north of Grand Rapids MI. Cedar Springs population was 3651+/- in 2016. Here is a brief history lesson for Cedar Spring. Cedar Springs was incorporated as a village in March of 1871. In October 1959, the village became the City of Cedar Springs. Cedar Springs was a hub for the logging industry in the mid to late 1800’s. As a result of the harsh winters and the work that the loggers were doing, they needed rugged and warm under garments. This is true American free enterprise at its best. Red Flannel under garments were produced for the loggers and thus Cedar Spring became known as the Red Flannel City. Unfortunately, Cedar Springs can no longer be called the Red Flannel City.