If you can imagine a breathtaking mix of historic villages and modern homes, then you have a good eye for living in Zeeland Michigan 49464. Zeeland was named after a province in the Netherlands and was settled in 1847. While growing with the times, they have still maintained a seat rich in their history and culture of yesteryear as evident on the historic strips featuring general stores and local shops lining downtown. With a quaint 5,600 residents, the economy boasts a strong and growing future with an average family income of $53,227. Family oriented and young at heart, there are 2,246 households with almost half of them (1,426) being families. The average adult age is 39 and counting with females overriding the males by almost 11%. The housing market claims 2,246 homes with a bright and upcoming future. Living in Zeeland Michigan offers residents, visitors, and new families a vast look into what they have been missing.
Browse ALL The Zeeland Homes For Sale
- Elementary aged children are taught in one of six schools
- Middle school aged students are taught in one of two schools
- High school aged students are taught in one of two schools
- Charter schools, private schools, and other alternative schools are also available
- Hope Collage – is a private Christian collage located just outside of Lake Michigan in Holland. The collage’s undergraduate attendance is approximately 3,200. They offer 90 plus majors leading mainly to Bachelors in Science degrees.
- Grand Valley State University– is a public university located in Allendale Michigan. The collage is growing to include multiple locations and includes 26,000 plus undergraduates from 83 Michigan counties, other states, and foreign countries.
- Paw Paw Park East– Located a stone’s throw from Zeeland, residents gather at the park to grill, walk and bike the trails as well as play the disc golf course.
- Baert Baron Mansion- located at 120 S Church St, the mansion represents a Victorian bed and breakfast for guests to enjoy. They are treated to old world style with modern conveniences.
- Michigan’s “Chick Center” – Location: Church Street and Central Avenue Zeeland, Ottawa County. They introduce visitors to the history of the area as a chicken hatchery. The early beginnings that brought the area to its current state began with only two incubators.
Living in Zeeland, Michigan is a mix of simple laid back fun, rich culture, and family oriented activities but it is never too far from the high energy cities of Grand Rapids and Holland. Resting is easy while still being able to live in a comfortable and affordable environment. Under the US average in rainfall per year, they feature a mid-range comfortable weather average. They feature a bit of a long winter but enjoy high 80’s Summer time temperatures. At just under 1900 sq. miles, commuting to work enjoying recreation activities and taking a Sunday ride is a cinch.
Follow up with Doug Hansen at 616-485-8955 to learn more about living in Zeeland, Michigan.